You might have seen on my instagram page that I made a massive batch of homemade chicken bone broth or stock. As we were in the middle of “Bris-Artica” – freezing cold weather.
Find out about the health benefits and secrets of making a bone broth here. My bone broth has been put to fantastic use this week – one of the meals I used it for was this delicious Creamy Cauliflower & Chicken soup.
You wouldn’t believe that it has no dairy in it ! It’s really creamy and nourishing.
Here is how to make it :
- 800 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 600 g water
- 1 cup chicken stock/bone broth homemade
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 30 g grassfed butter (omit this if dairy free)
- 800 g free range chicken breast, diced into chunks
- Seasoning of choice for chicken (I like to use a Tuscan Herb Mix)
- Bamboo or pot steamer
- Thermomix option below – abbreviated to TM.
- Add cauliflower to a high speed blender / food processor (For TM Blitz for 6 sec/speed 4/reverse).
- Add water, homemade chicken stock, pepper to TM. Or place these items in large pot on stove with a bamboo steamer on top
- Add chicken and seasoning of choice to steamer tray.
- Cook the cauliflower soup ingredients in Pot for approx 30 min with chopped up chicken in bamboo steamer above the pot. (TM Cook for 15 min/speed 2/Steam (V).
- Break chicken up with spatula and if using butter, add this to the TM mixer bowl or into your pot on the stove.
- Keep simmering in pot for another 10 mins (TM Cook for 5 min/speed 2/Steam (V) with steamer tray in place).
- Then use a hand blender stick to blend your cauliflower soup on a low speed in the pot until desire thickness is reached. (TM With steamer tray still in place blend 1 min/speed 9).
- Put soup aside in serving bowls (or TM Thermoserver) and add cooked chicken to mixer bowl or pot. No need to clean it!
- Shred chicken using a fork or hand blender (TM shred 4 sec/speed 4/reverse).
- Serve soup with shredded chicken on top.
TIP : If cooking for a baby or toddler you can blend / shred the chicken to desired consistency in the soup. Soup is ok to freeze.
Recipe inspired by Skinnymixers