Most Fridays or Sunday’s I make some lunch box / after school snacks for my kids for the following week. I try to chose options that are “taste like treats” but have a much greater nutritional value than something straight out of a packet.
These Fudgy Choc Banana Muffins are not only great for the kids yet also make perfect snack, “grab and go” breakfast for a busy Mum or Pregnant Mumma.
I am a one bowl wonder when I cook and this recipe is one of those nice quick and easy ones. It also makes a huge batch which you could use as 1 x cake in a loaf tin or as I do make some mini or regular size muffins. And best of all..they freeze really well.
Fudgy Choc Banana Muffins
350g ripe bananas (approx. 3 large bananas – use 350-400g bananas if not using eggs)
300g plain gluten free flour (I use Orgran flour)
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking powder (or 2 tspns if leaving out eggs)
2 tsp bicarb soda
30g raw cacao powder or organic cocoa
140g olive oil (or other light oil or if you don’t need to be nut free Macadamia oil is delicious)
240g rice or almond milk or preferred milk for nut free (may need a little more if bananas are not very ripe)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 eggs (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease and line a loaf tin or muffin pan
- Mash your bananas in the bowl first then simple add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Then pour in to your pan/s
- Cook for 10 – 15 mins (if muffins) 20 – 30 mins if loaf – don’t over cook as you will lose the yummy fudgey centre.