This is one of my favourite desserts to make and eat ! A guaranteed crowd pleaser is this gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free Chocolate Hazelnut Tart.
One of the main ingredients that makes this dessert so chocolatey and nutritious is Cacao.
Cacao is a natural, vegan source of magnesium and iron – both essential minerals for during and after pregnancy. Cacao also contains powerful antioxidants, including flavonoids such as anthocyanidin and methylxanthine which assist in neutralising free radicals, increasing metabolism and naturally stimulating the body.
Order your Organic Cacao here with my code BFAB10 and get 10% off.
Recipe: Chocolate Hazelnut Tart. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Serves approximate 10 people (it is very rich).
Difficulty : Super easy to make.
- PREP: 15 mins
- COOK: 10 mins
- READY IN: 2 hrs 25 mins
- 220 g hazelnuts
- 30 g shredded coconut
- 40 g raw cacao powder. I use organic/no nasties cacao from PSA.
- 50 g raw coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1x 240 ml can coconut cream
- 280 g quality dark chocolate chopped. Use Lindt if you are dairy free.
- fresh berries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Lightly grease your tart pan with coconut oil and set aside
- Process hazelnuts and shredded coconut together in a blender/food processor or Thermomix until it becomes a fine meal
- Add the cacao powder, the coconut sugar, coconut oil and salt, and blitz again until combined
- Press into your tart pan and bake for 10-15 minutes; set aside to cool
- In a small saucepan, bring the coconut cream to a gentle simmer, and add broken chocolate
- Stir continuously until smooth and velvety and pour into tart pan
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours then top with berries and coconut and serve with fresh cream or coconut yoghurt !
- Keep in the fridge …if it lasts that long.
Recipe is from Veggie Head.