Smoothies are a great option when you are busy, nauseous or just too tired to consider chewing….but still want to stay well nourished !!
This breakfast smoothie is one of my favourites as it only contains 3 ingredients. Plus, it’s high in protein, essential fats and amino acids to help you feel full and the addition of banana boosts potassium, which can help avoid the dreaded pregnancy cramps and makes it a wonderfully creamy shake.
What I love about making smoothies is that they make the perfect quick and easy meal that I can enjoy for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner – plus they are portable, so are perfect if you’re on the run….or seated for long periods nursing a baby.
Smoothie Ingredients :
- 250 ml (1 cup/8 fl oz) drinking coconut milk or coconut water
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein* (I used WPI Vanilla) – this is a pregnancy and breastfeeding safe protein powder which contains no nasties !
*GET $10 Healthy Chef Protein with my code DAHLAS 2019
- Spoonful of almond butter or tahini (Optional)
- Handful of ice to blend
How to make your pregnancy & postpartum breakfast smoothie :
- COMBINE all the ingredients into a blender.
- BLEND until smooth and creamy.
- SPOON almond butter or tahini around the sides of a serving glass.
- POUR smoothie into the glass.
Smoothie Inspiration :
Add 1 tablespoon of Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte with a dash cinnamon to your breakfast smoothie. Tumeric is wonderful natural way to reduce inflammation, bloating and swelling.
This recipe and more can be found in The Healthy Chef Teresa Cutter’s Cook Book – Earth to Table
Get your $10 discount off this beautiful book full of nourishing recipes and all Healthy Chef products with my CODE DAHLAS2019. Learn more here.