Boosting immunity and staying safe during pregnancy and postpartum is important during the current climate is important. So here is a little hand santizer recipe to help you.
DIY Hand Santizer Recipe :
A smart science Dr friend gave me this simple but effective hand santizer recipe.
In a large 3 L bottle add:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1L METHYLATED SPIRITS (is 95% ethanol)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 190ml Aloe Vera Gel⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- A few drops of favourite essential oil – find out here what essential oils are safe during pregnancy.
- Shake well to dissolve⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Decant into smaller spray containers⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Staying safe and sensible⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s been a VERY hard and overwhelming start to 2020 for most of us especially on the big picture front. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Bush fires. Floods. Corona Virus. Scary stuff.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And I know it can feel overwhelming and futile and depressing AF – especially if you are about to bring a beautiful new little human into the world.
But here’s what we CAN do. and – what I would argue, we MUST do; to stay safe, sensible and sane !⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We can make OURSELVES strong. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We can respect ourselves and our bodies.
- We can slow down – here is a special poem for all the Mama’s⠀⠀⠀
- We can train our resilience by challenging ourselves to do or say the hard stuff and then keep doing it. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We can gift ourselves with the energy and vitality to fight for what we believe in. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- With that energy and vitality we will also be able to help others that are struggling.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We can avoid contaminating the planet further by not contaminating ourselves with crap food, negativity and click bait ! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- We can chose our sources of information wisely⠀⠀
- We can nourish our bodies sensibly⠀- grab my complimentary nutrition guide
- We can move our bodies safely and effectively – especially during pregnancy
- We can chose our mindset daily ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This made me stop and think…
“I believe there is a yearning for real wisdom in moments like this—perspective, meaning, and hope. And all I know is love and wisdom need to spread as well. And just as fast. Loneliness and isolation are also an epidemic. So is lack of unity.” #coronavirus ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I know that sometimes it feels selfish to take the time for your own physical and mental health and fitness – especially as a Mother and Mama to Be.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But I’m telling you – if you are going to change the world (or even just weather the storm) you HAVE to feel good – there is no other way.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And when you feel good being a parent is easier or journeying through pregnancy or simply life is easier⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So this week – what’s going to make you feel like you can conquer or survive in this world? Because we need you to !
I would love to hear your thoughts in my Facebook Community called #BFABSQUAD