You might have seen on my instagram page that I made a massive batch of Creamy Cauliflower & Chicken soup with my homemade chicken bone broth or stock. This soup is a wonderful meal for during and after pregnancy as it is packed with essential nutrients for both you and your growing baby.
You wouldn’t believe that it has no dairy in it ! It’s really creamy and nourishing.
Recipe Creamy Chicken Soup
- 800 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 600 g water
- 1 cup chicken stock/bone broth homemade
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 30 g grassfed butter (omit this if dairy free)
- 800 g free range chicken breast, diced into chunks
- Seasoning of choice for chicken (I like to use a Tuscan Herb Mix)
- Bamboo or pot steamer
- Thermomix option below – abbreviated to TM.
- Add cauliflower to a high speed blender / food processor (For TM Blitz for 6 sec/speed 4/reverse).
- Add water, homemade chicken stock, pepper to TM. Or place these items in large pot on stove with a bamboo steamer on top
- Add chicken and seasoning of choice to steamer tray.
- Cook the cauliflower soup ingredients in Pot for approx 30 min with chopped up chicken in bamboo steamer above the pot. (TM Cook for 15 min/speed 2/Steam (V).
- Break chicken up with spatula and if using butter, add this to the TM mixer bowl or into your pot on the stove.
- Keep simmering in pot for another 10 mins (TM Cook for 5 min/speed 2/Steam (V) with steamer tray in place).
- Then use a hand blender stick to blend your cauliflower soup on a low speed in the pot until desire thickness is reached. (TM With steamer tray still in place blend 1 min/speed 9).
- Put soup aside in serving bowls (or TM Thermoserver) and add cooked chicken to mixer bowl or pot. No need to clean it!
- Shred chicken using a fork or hand blender (TM shred 4 sec/speed 4/reverse).
- Serve soup with shredded chicken on top.
TIP : If cooking for a baby or toddler you can blend / shred the chicken to desired consistency in the soup. Soup is ok to freeze.
Recipe inspired by Skinnymixers
p.s More goodies for you.. here’s my FREE guide including videos on how to train your CORE during and after pregnancy.