Unfortunately for too long the fitness/diet industry as set unrealistic expectations around #bodyfat and exercise for women for far too long.
These expectations also include doing movement and exercises that may not be appropriate for a female body – which could have given birth or has core and pelvic floor concerns.
To demonstrate this I recently REMIXED a Reel with London Fitness Guy to show that “training the abs” goes way beyond just sit ups and planks. It is also why I created my signature program The Ultimate Pregnant Core !
Let’s break the generational cycle
Many behaviour’s have become subconscious (or sadly normalised) being passed down to women for generations….as we have watched our mothers and grandmothers do many of the following !
- Restrictive dieting which almost always leads to binge eating
- Disordered eating including skipping meals, having a smaller portion size than “a man”, avoiding certain foods – all just cause hunger and hormone / metabolic havoc ! (been there done that – read more here)
- Unrealistic expectations women set for themselves when it comes to body fat levels and calorie intake (1500 calories a day is NOT enough to fuel your body)
- Exercise myths including – Cardio is the only way to lose weight, lifting weights will make you bulky !
- That you don’t feel the burn or if you are not red faced and sweating it is have not “enough”⠀⠀⠀
For all females, at any age, or stage of motherhood it’s time to focus on..
- The importance of having a sustainable support system throughout pregnancy, the healing process post birth and as you enter more change during peri-menopause
- How you can achieve healthy long term fat loss focusing on nutrients not calories and without depleting exercise
- Why you should focus on taking imperfect action rather than trying to be perfect on your journey
- And learning to trust your incredible instinct – when something doesn’t feel right, be confident to say I am no longer doing that or trying that – as it does not positively serve me both physically and mentally.
Recovery is temporary but damage can be long term !
If you have just had a baby – my complimentary postpartum recovery time is a fabulous way to guide you back into exercise and ensure you discovery what your body and mind needs. Download it here
Workouts and nutrition don’t need to be complicated or depleting to get results. Consistency is the key …and this can only happen without injury and when you have energy !
Want train with me ? Learn more here
Dahlas Fletcher is one of Australia’s most respected and successful certified and experienced Pregnancy and Female Fitness Trainers. Her goal is to help you be the happiest, most fabulous version of yourself, inside and out.